Monday, 19 November 2007

My Investment Sin

Often i hear people saying whatever investment you make the first few trades or your first few investments will not make it and you will start losing money. I never believe them because i am very confident that i will not be like them.

Well, now time after time i have to eat back my own words. Why? Reason being i guess it has to do with my character so much so that this will reflect the way i make my investment decision. After so many cuts and bruises below are my conclusion;

  1. Never allow a single trade or a single investment downfall to wipe you out. (Maximum 10-20% of your total capital)
  2. Be Discipline
  3. Do the opposite
  4. Concept of patience
  5. Buy low sell high

Okay, all of the above may sound craps to you am i right? To do so its really not that easy and it required several trials and errors (ie paying your school fees to the market) before you can get it right. I would like to highlight point 1 and 4 which is the key to success and the part which i really lack in and needs plenty reminder (perhaps this is the reason why i am writing a blog to remind myself over and over again)

Point 5 if you enter and exit a trade at the right time.

No comments: